It is probably difficult to imagine using mushroom as a main ingredient in baking a muffin. For some, it sounds yucky. But the recipe that I will share with you is not only "out of this world”, but very delicious and very healthy as well. Hope you have the guts to try this.
- 250 grams of all purpose/plain flour
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 oz of melted butter
- 60 grams of button mushroom, chopped
- 110 grams of brown rice
- 2 oz of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon of fresh chives, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add the mushroom, rice, cheese, parsley and chives. Mix well.
- Add the butter, milk and egg. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture in a 1/2 cup capacity muffin tray/tin and bake for 12-15 minutes.